With Summer almost over, and with Fall around the corner, we still have a lot of fresh vegetables available. I had a lot of tomatoes from a previous trip to the grocery store. Every time I go to the supermarket, I buy what I don`t have to buy, does that happen to you, too?, I ended up buying more tomatoes because of the special price of .79 cents a pound.
I got the inspiration for making the Roasted Vegetables Salsa, after participating in the linking party South of the BorderRecipes at #Foodie Fridays#12, were you can also find the inspiration recipe.
1 ea green, yellow, and orange peppers
3 big onions
6 garlic cloves
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/3 C of lime juice
1 T chili powder
1 T chili flakes
1 t cumin powder
salt & pepper to taste
olive oil for coating the vegetables
– clean and cut all the vegetables
– coat with salt, black pepper and olive oil
– place the vegetables in a sheet pan, roast for 45 minutes (this may vary according to your oven)
– remove from oven and place the roasted vegetables and all the seasonings in the food processor
– process and place the salsa in a pot and cook in the stove for 10 minutes
– let it cool before serving
– serve with chips
This recipe gave me a yield of 3 1/2 (12) ounce jars, we use one, and the rest was placed in the freezer for future use.